June 25, 2015
INGREDIENTS FOR WARM GOAT CHEESE
- 1 – 11 ounce log of plain or peppered Montrachet
- 2 egg whites beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups plain panko bread crumbs with 1 teaspoon finely chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons melted salted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Slice the goat cheese in 12 – 1/2” inch slices. Dip each round in beaten egg white, then, in panko bread crumbs, making sure the goat cheese is completely coated. Place the slices on a rack and chill for about a half hour.
Melt salted butter and olive oil in non-stick skillet on medium high heat. Cook goat cheese round until nicely browned on all sides. They should be warm, but not melted.
INGREDIENTS FOR THE SALAD
- Equal amount of arugula and mixed field greens
- Dried cranberries
- Toasted pine nuts (toasted on a flat baking sheet in 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes until nutty brown)
- Warm Montrachet medallions (2 to 3 pieces placed on top of each salad)
- Fresh Lemon Vinaigrette
INGREDIENTS FOR FRESH LEMON VINAIGRETTE
- 1/4 cup Grey Poupon Dijon mustard
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 ¼ cups vegetable oil
ASSEMBLING THE SALAD
Toss arugula, mixed field greens, dried cranberries, toasted pine nuts, with desired amount of fresh lemon vinaigrette. Place salad on chilled plate, top with 2 to 3 slices of warm goat cheese…serve.