November 07, 2019
Raw oysters, fried oysters, oyster stew – it’s all good. But the key to my heart looks a whole lot like these grilled oysters – and this parmesan garlic butter sets them off to another dimension – they will be a hit at any party this holiday season…guaranteed.
Remember, abs are temporary – but grilled oysters are forever.
- Half bushel fresh oysters – shucked – loosen the oyster from the bottom shell
- 2 sticks (1/2 pound) soft salted butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely minced garlic
- 1/4 cup grated fine parmesean cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh finely chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Fresh lemon juice (never bottled) for oysters when done
- 1 large half sheet pan
With a fork (or stand mixer, or food processor), mix the butter, garlic, cheese, parsley, pepper, lemon zest until completely combined. Place one teaspoon of butter mixture on each oyster placing closely together on large rimmed ½ sheet pan.
Place sheet pan on pre-heated grill set to the highest temperature. Cover – and let cook until butter mixture is melted and browning. Once done, place on serving platter, pour any extra juices from pan over the oysters and squeeze a bit of fresh lemon over each oyster.
It is important to always keep your oysters cold before grilling to prevent bacteria. Ice them down if doing outside grilling. They can be broiled if so desired.