July 28, 2017
Being a southern boy at heart and in truth, Pimento Cheese is part of my DNA. I love pimento cheese with crackers topped with sweet pickled red onions, on a burger, tea sandwiches, grilled on wheat bread with bacon and avocado, stuffed in jalapenos and wrapped in bacon – as you can tell by now – I love it!
Everyone has their favorite recipe. Admittedly, I keep tweaking it…I use to make mine straight up – but then I added jalapeno’s and was hooked. I now use three different peppers for it adds just the right amount of flavor and punch for my taste. Let your own palate dictate your recipe…mild or spicy, it is all good.
- 8 ounces grated Cracker Barrell Vermont white cheddar
- 8 ounces grated Cracker Barrell extra-sharp yellow cheddar
- 8 ounces Philly Cream cheese (room temperature)
- ½ cup Hellmann’s mayo
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- ½ teaspoon McCormick’s Sriracha powder
- 4 ounces diced pimentos (drained)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno’s (optional, or more to taste)
Put all ingredients in a stand mixer, using the paddle attachment, mix until soft and completely combined. Use on anything you lil’ ole heart cry’s out for. Today, it is grilled. Try with avocado and bacon.